Allotment Diary

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Allotment

K and I spent yesterday at the Lottie. K had planned to go fishing but decided not to as it was too cold and the fish would be laying down [do I sound like I know what I'm talking about!!] K dropped me off at the lottie at 10ish and he went off to visit an old work place [on the hunt for another job] I started by clearing all the "things" that had found themselves a home in the greenhouse, out they all came, cleaned up and put back where they belonged. K came along with sarnies and a message from C's school that she needed collecting as she had an upset tummy! Off he went to get her and I carried on tidying the greenhouse. K came back to the Lottie with C - there wasn't much wrong with her - an over reaction from the school as usual. She had to sit in the greenhouse and wait for us to finish as the weather was lovely and she was well wrapped up and had a book to read. K started to dig over the beds, oh what lovely soil we now have, he added home made compost to each bed and then dug that in, the soil is soooo good, its rich in colour and getting quite fine. Its been worth doing the compost over the last year as its turned out to be really good stuff. I took C home at about 2 and K stayed on until 4. We have talked the lottie to death with regards as to what we are planting and where. Tomorrow I start planting seeds into their pots ready to be transplanted when big enough - I can't wait as I love doing this.

I've ordered C new school shoes and D will be getting some tomorrow. C has been getting mardy because she wants a new suitcase to go on her French Trip with but we have perfectly good ones here. Nana has lent her a large holdall and she is happy with that but I can't say that I am. I was trying to get her to realise that spending nearly £30 on a suitcase was a complete waste of money when we had one here that would do the job perfectly, she just doesn't get my reasoning, she is at the stage where mates [who have well off parents] get certain things and she wants the same. She isn't prepared to accept that not only do we not have that kind of money we don't have that kind of attitude either, we believe that make do and mend is just as good as buying new and we'll do that or freecycle or Ebay etc before we buy new if we can. D "gets" it completely and if he wants to spend his money on something ie a game then he will wait for it to go down in price and he'll scour the internet [with me] to see where the cheapest place is to buy it and he's quite happy to buy 2nd class - no snobbery with him

Have to go now as C wants time on the comp

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment